I was nominated by Reviews By Jo! It looks like a wonderful way to get out there and discover new blogs, expand your horizons and all that mumbo jumbo.
• Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
• Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
• Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
11 random facts about me:
• My favourite colour is green, most people who know me well think it’s because I love Slytherin but while that may enhance my love of the colour it’s not the reason, it’s just so…SOOTHING!
• I am a Slytherin, J K Rowling told me so herself…well, her website did
• I’ve started my first session of university this year…and its terrifying
• I’ve loved to read for as long as I can remember, the first moment of recognition what probably when my mum used to read me Harry Potter before I was quite capable of sounding out the syllables for myself.
• I have an older sister…and two parents…and one cat.
• I despise love triangles. I’ve stopped reading many a books because of pathetic love triangles.
• I live in a town that’s country and coastal all at the same time…literally, my town is classified as rural and the beach is a ten minute walk away.
• I live within walking distance from the beach…and I hate going to the beach. I can’t even remember the last time I went to the beach…willingly.
• I was a vegetarian for about two years…I then realised I loved chicken schnitzel too much.
• I live to travel…if only money wasn’t such a hassle.
• I would classify myself as Pansexual; even though I dislike labels…I mean who needs to limit themselves even more than society already does?
1. What was your favourite book when you were little?
I was always obsessed with all the Disney books and the golden spine books as well (or whatever their actual name is). I particularly loved Cinderella and Ariel. Though my favourite books fluctuated all the time! Though I still love the Disney princess classics…no matter how morally bad they are.
2. Do you have an e-book reader and how often do you use it/when?
Yes I do! I have a Kobo that my sister bought me a couple of years ago when e-readers first started to come out of the woodwork. I don’t use it that often because I love having the physical book but I do use it whenever I go away or overseas, it’s a lot more convenient.
3. Your favourite mystery/crime book?
I’ll be honest…I don’t really have one. Mystery and crime aren’t really my forte.
4. Do you watch the movie after reading the book?
Yes! As often as I can I’ll read the book and THEN what the movie. Sometimes if there’s a movie I know is a book I’ll go out and find the book before I see the movie. Other times I don’t know the movie is a book and only find out after the fact. In these situations I’ll only buy and read the book if I loved the movie enough, because generally the two are so different!
5. Your favourite classic?
This is a hard one! I have so many, at the moment it’s Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, the real first Vampire fiction. It was written something like 20 or 30 years BEFORE Dracula.
6. What are you currently reading?
Currently I’m reading Gay L.A. BY Lillian Faderman and Stuart Timmons. It’s a nonfiction book about L.A’s Gay history and it’s completely fascinating.
7. If you don’t like a book, do you put it down or continue reading it just to finish the book?
It depends. If the quality is really terrible and I completely HATE it then I’ll stop reading, which doesn’t happen often but it has happened, and if I just dislike it or am annoyed by little things but am still intrigued to see what happens I’ll most likely continue reading…just while skimming through the terrible bits.
8. Your favourite contemporary authors?
Stephanie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell at the moment, hands down. They are both so incredible!
9. Why did you start a book blog?
Because I love books and I love talking about books, voicing my opinion…occasionally ranting. My dream is to be a published author but I also want to get into the reviewing of books professionally as well, this seemed like the right starting point!
10. How do you get over reading slumps?
Generally I just wait them out, let it sort itself out. If I’m in a “slump” then I most likely have other things I need to get through or it’s just that in this moment I don’t want to pick up a book, and I’m okay with that because I know soon I’ll be back to devouring books by the stack.
11. Do you lend or borrow books to/from friends?
I do and have borrowed from my friends and while rarely lend my books to others I have in the past…cautiously. I’ll admit I don’t really anymore. My books are way too precious to me to be giving to people who think it’s a good idea to bend the spine or use the page corners as bookmarks.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your first memory of reading a book/having a book read to you?
2. Which book have you re-read more than 3 times? If any?
3. Have you always liked to read?
4. What are you currently reading?
5. How long is your “to-read” pile?
6. How do you prefer to buy your books? In store or online?
7. A book that you hate with a passion? And why?
8. Favourite classic?
9. Do you prefer your books to have a happy ending?
10. What is a book or series you cherish above all others?
11. Have you ever bought a book you didn’t want anyone to know about or see you reading?
Happy reading everyone!